Remember that “6 Types of Software Engineers” post from way back, authored by “Another PM”? Well, a most excellent reader named HW drew some WICKED AWESOME cartoons of each. PLUS, another wicked awesome reader, Eric, added a 7th type of Engineer – The Clockwork Mouse.
So, now we’re going to have some fun — help the Cranky Product Manager come up CAPTIONS for each of the cartoons.
How to Vote
To facilitate voting, the Cranky Product Manager has created a new post for each Software Engineer Sub-Type with the new cartoon. Please submit funny captions in the appropriate post’s comments.
Submit your captions by midnight (PST) on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7.
The Cranky Product Manager will send one lucky reader/caption-submitter a mug featuring the winning caption and its companion cartoon. If you leave a real email address, that is. (remember, your email is not published to the blog. Only the Cranky PM can see it.)
Why is the Cranky Product Manager doing this?
Reason 1: Because the Cranky Product Manager wants a funny coffee mug to haul around the office and leave around the war room. When an engineer says something “typical” she shall hold up the mug and point to the appropriate Engineer caricature. It will go over REAL NICE, she’s sure, and do wonders for Product Management and Developer relations. But frankly, she doesn’t give a s&*#. She wants her mug, damnit!
Reason 2: Duh…. To drive blog traffic. Because nothing feeds the Cranky Product Manager’s ego like a bunch of page loads.
Reason 3: What a great way to get out of writing an original post this week! Have the readers do the work!
Also in 7 Types of Engineers
- Caption Contest! (7 Types of Engineers)
- Caption Contest: The Veteran (The Seven Types of Software Engineers)
- Caption Contest: The Hotshot (The Seven Types of Software Engineers)
- Caption Contest: The Great One (The Seven Types of Software Engineers)
- Caption Contest: The Teflon-gineer (The Seven Types of Software Engineers)
- Caption Contest: Offshore (The Seven Types of Software Engineers)
- Caption Contest: The Maverick (The Seven Types of Software Engineers)
- Caption Contest: The Clockwork Mouse (The Seven Types of Software Engineers)