Following up on yesterday’s post on Customer Advisory Groups/Boards/Councils, you should realize that the Cranky Product Manager is hardly the definitive authority on the subject. So she thought she’d ask you all to contribute your wisdom.
- What are your thoughts on the effectiveness of Customer Advisory Groups?
- Any tips/tricks on how to get the most bang for the buck from your CAG?
- What are your thoughts on the following?
- Getting the right people to attend, from both your customers and your company. And who are the “right people” anyway?
- How frequently should you meet?
- Who should organize the CAG?
- Location, agenda, …?
- Dos and don’ts for soliciting feedback that helps with product planning?
- What was the WORST Client Advisory Group you’ve ever been to, and why?
- And what was the BEST, and why?
- What other resources (blog posts, articles) on CAGs would you recommend?
The CPM would REALLY like it if a customer-type also posted their thoughts on CAGs. Not too many of them read this blog, though, so maybe you could forward along the link…?
Please add your comments below! (Note that if you include two or more hyperlinks in your comment, the CPM will have to approve it before it appears, but she promises to do so quickly.) Note that this is not an invitation to get spammy.