Did you know????
This little ol’ blog has about 3,000 regular readers, of whom about 62% are in product management or product marketing. So, that means that there are about 1800 PMs and PMMs reading.
WHAT POWER! The Cranky Product Manager is DRUNK on her own INFLUENCE! ” My Gawd, I am just so WICKED fantastic,” the Cranky Product Manager says whenever she spies her image in reflective surfaces.
Anyway, being the new year, the Cranky Product Manager decided to stop being so ridiculously vain and — for a change — try to use her MASSIVE POWER for Good, and not for Evil or mere Crankiness.
What did she come up with? Here it is: collecting and disseminating UNBIASED* information and ratings of those vendors who target product managers and product marketers. You know, the type of information the Cranky PM wishes she had access to herself.
The first example was the Product Management Certification Survey.
Next up? A Survey on Product Management and Product Marketing TRAINING:
- Who offers the best product management and product marketing training?
- Was the training worth it?
- What did you get out of it?
- How much did you pay for your training?
- Which classes are the most worthwhile, given your career stage?
- Who are the best instructors
- You get the idea…..
The Cranky Product Manager will again run the survey and provide everyone the complete results as a free download, in a format where you can cross-tabulate answers.
Anyway, to conduct the survey, the Cranky Product Manager first needs a shortlist of firms to cover. Please nominate firms to cover in the survey in the comments.
And then, when the survey comes out in a week or two, TAKE IT!
Also, look for future surveys — once every month or two — covering things like PM recruiters/headhunters, conferences/events, software and online services for PMs, books, etc.
* No doubt, the vendors will try to taint the results of the surveys, but the Cranky Product Managers figure that even tainted information could benefit the product management community as a whole.