The Cranky PM loves Dilbert. Shocking, isn’t it?
As a gift to the Internets (and to anyone making a speech about product management), help the Cranky Product Manager create a list of links to Dilbert cartoons* that are funny to product management types.
Untack those comics from your cubicle wall, look at the dates, and find them in this multi-year archive of the black & white Dilberts. (Alas, the CPM can’t find an archive of the Sunday color Dilberts. Anyone know where they are?) Then, post the link in the comments. Please?
Here’s the CPM’s partial list. Please help her complete it.
Requirements & Development
- March 21, 2003 – “I’ll design the system as soon as you give me the requirements.”
- March 22, 2003 – “I can’t start the project because the user won’t give me his requirements.”
- November 26, 2007 – “We’re going to try something called Agile Programming.”
- September 9, 2007 – “Is our new service Web 1.0 or Web 2.0?” (alas, no link since it’s a Sunday comic)
- November 28, 2006 - Impossible engineering problem
- Aprril 20, 2007 – Dilbert develops the iPod “killer”
- September 4, 2006 – “If I buy this, how can I be sure you won’t come out with a new version next week?”
- January 9, 2007 – Dilbert becomes a sales engineer.
- January 11, 2007 – Dilbert the sales engineer. “I might have promised them a few extra features.”
- Feb 3, 2006 & Feb 4, 2006 – Dilbert accompanies Alan on a Sales Call.
- September 13, 2007 – Dilbert on Marketing. “We can’t compete on price, quality, features or services. That leaves fraud, which I’d like you to call marketing.”
* The CPM will not be posting the actual comics, since that’s a copyright violation, you ingrates with no respect for the work of artistes.