OK, everyone. The Cranky Product Manager wants you all to get up and sing. SING, DAMMIT, SING. Because the Cranky Product Manager is now officially THREE years old.
OK, three years old plus 4 days. The CPM is a little bit late with her own birthday – this blog was born on June 11, 2006.
3 years and 130 posts later, the Cranky Product Manager is still here. And still anonymous, despite having a (now defunct) cyberstalker and her committing countless careless gaffes. Hard to believe!
In honor of this momentous occasion, the Cranky PM is going to refer you to some of her favorite oldie-but-goodie posts.
Here’s the post that started it all (June 11, 2006): Who is the Cranky Product Manager?
Here’s the first post that got a lot of attention and a lot of readers (August 1, 2006) : Streetwalkers In Disguise
And here’s a bunch of other stuff that the Cranky Product Manager enjoyed writing (even if you did not enjoy reading it) over the last three years:
On the Traditional Whining of Product Managers:
- A Day in the Life of the Cranky Product Manager
- That “All the Responsibility but No Authority” Saying
- Be the CEO of your product. Be the CEO of your own career.
- Why it doesn’t matter where Product Management lives in the organization
On Product Development:
- The 6 Types of Software Engineers: Identification, Care and Feeding (Guest Post)
- Wicked Fun Game Highlighting the Never-Ending Battle Between Product Management and Development
- The 5 Types of Beta Testing Programs and Why 4 of Them Suck
- Stage 4 Product Proliferation
On Agile / Scrum:
- Heresy Aganst the Church of Agile Software Development
- Scrum THIS
- So You Think “Agile” Methodologies Exempt You From Product Management
On hiring and getting a PM job:
On Sales & Marketing: